Ok, I need to think about this issue with my lab logically . Also need to be strict with the time scale , so will be in bed by 12.30 at the latest .
1. Boot up Kail, the Network in Virtual Box in Bridged mode
2 Ping google and gateway
3. Turn off Kail , if it is successful go to step 4 , else try NAT.
4. Boot WinXP the Network in Virtual Box in Bridged mode, Flush the DNS , do ip release and renew , ping google and gateway .
5. Run Nmap from host Mint 17.3, to see if it detects the WinXp machine
6 Launch Kail and run Namp . If unsuccessfully
7.Launch Kail, ping from Host. Unsuccessful try NAT.
8. Launch WinXP , ping from host . Unsuccessful try NAT .
9 If all the above fails spin a new kail VM , in bridge and test again.